Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Egg Count for January.

The 31 days of January are over, which means spring is so much closer.  It also means my first full month of collecting eggs is over!  My awesome chickens gave me 142 eggs over the month! That's an average of 4.5 a day.  There were 4 days where I got 6 eggs, that's 100% (I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT MULTIPLE D'S IN MATH! I'm so good at this now!)

We have also just finished the worst winter month I can remember.  We got SO MUCH SNOW. The temperatures were never above freezing.  But those chickens, they were awesome.  Laying the eggs,  eating all the time, staying alive. 

Coconut did get frostbite on her comb, but a couple days in the basement with some ointment and she's all healed up.  Well, not completely healed but good enough to be back with her friends.  She did not like being in that carrier.  And the basement started smelling like a fair.  It wasn't cool. 






No comments:

Post a Comment