Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ribbons and Bells

Last Sunday we put up fence posts and I tied ribbons and scraps of fabric to them.  I also tied two bells to the ribbons and put a hat on the top of the post.  I'm not crazy, but trying to deter deer and critters.  It seems to be working, I've not had any paw prints in my soil since.  YAY!


I planted my beans all in rows, thinking when they came up it would be so nice.  Guess what?  It didn't last long.  Not all of them came up and I filled in on Wednesday so they're going to be all willy nilly yet again.  I think it's okay though.  The Purple beans are still orderly, and ONE soybean is growing.  Everything else is coming along, potatoes are huge, and the zucchini and cucumbers sprouted this week. 







I've found I don't have much luck with transplanting sprouts, all the spouts I started indoors didn't make it.  I planted seeds where once were sprouts in the garden, and they seem to be doing much better.  I purchased my tomato and pepper plants from Weesies.  Let's hope they do as well as last year!  It's been cold and rainy the last three days, but it's supposed to heat up next week.  Should see some growth then! 






No comments:

Post a Comment