Friday, May 25, 2012

Chipmunks are annoying

Our house is rampant with Chipmunks.  Or "micemunks" as Youngest calls them.  The only good thing about chipmunks is they attract owls.  Except ours are failing miserably because I have yet to see an owl.  So, instead, the chipmunks are burrowing under our house, in the garden beds, and eating my seeds.  They also chirp at all hours and it bugs me. 
I was thinking about having our cousin's kid come over with his pellet gun and shoot them.  But Steve says no.  Also, apparently it's really hard to shoot chipmunks.  Because their small and stealthy and super fast. 
In good news:  My garden (what's left of it) is growing.  The lettuce and spinach is sprouting.  The potatoes are massive.  Half the beans are sprouting.  It's the funnest time when we get to watch everything grow.  Also, our new waterfall sprinkler can water the whole garden so I don't have to use those drip hoses. 
I thought there were deer prints around the garden tonight and I was sad.  Then I realized it was just the neighbor's dogs. 
The three day weekend is upon us and the plan is to power wash and stain the deck, swim in the pool, potty train Youngest and go to the beach.  And clean the house and downstairs closet.  And relax? 
Hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment