Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tomato Hornworms

I've had my fair share of pests this year.  I still haven't caught any raccoons, although I haven't had any more problems with them either. 
My newest pest is the Tomato Hornworm.  I found one chewing a bald stalk of a pepper plant, and then 3 more on the actual tomato plants.  Fortunately, I have one big tomato plant and that's where they were.  I picked the buggers off and haven't seen any more. 



My tomatoes are funny this year.  I have one HUGE plant that is being supported by a broom stick, in the far corner of my east garden, and then 4 little plants that are producing, but not a lot.  My Big Boy is growing a beautiful tomato.  Emphasis on a.  There's just one.  And the plant is small, I don't know how it's going to support itself!  Many tomatoes are starting, and the waiting for them to blush is hard as the whole garden is a bummer this year.

I also harvested all my yukon gold potatoes, and some reds.  They were small so I left the rest of the reds to grow a little.  We had a mixed potato meal last night and it was SOOOO good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment