Monday, September 16, 2013

Baking Day

Yesterday was my day off, it rained all day, I had no commitments or wedding planning to do, and I didn't change my pajamas.  Perfect day for some cooking.   I like to cook, and I LOVE to eat, but I'm not someone who goes off inventing her own things.  I need a recipe.  Yesterday I cooked a spaghetti squash from the garden from lunch with homemade alfredo sauce.   I used too much milk in the sauce and scaled it when I was scooping out the innards of the squash for the chickens, but it still tasted okay.  Edible. 


While the squash was cooking for an hour, I prepped dough for English Muffins.  This is the second time I've made them and they are really yummy.   Oldest requests them often.  I made 25, but only got 14 in the freezer.  The others were enjoyed yesterday and saved for school lunches today.  I always feel so cool when I make them, they are fairly easy and look so fancy and real! 


It was a productive Sunday and made my house feel cozy and smell good. I learned two important things however:  
Chickens LOVE Spaghetti Squash
Chickens will poop all over your garage if you let them out when it rains.  I mean EVERYWHERE. 



No comments:

Post a Comment