Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012 Season

May is here already, and I am ready for a new gardening season!!  We enjoyed produce through the winter and the squash was delicious on Thanksgiving.  I'm again doubling my garden, adding one 4x4 box and one 3x9 box.  Maybe I'm not doubling it, I'm not good at the maths.  I haven't charted exactly where everything will go, but tonight we filled the new boxes and planted the broccoli sprouts from Weesies.  The pea trellis is up and peas are planted, a couple are sprouting.  Oldest's garden is filled with celery, her choice, and she informed me she was saving her watermelon seeds to plant there too.
Inside, I have seeds sprouting in eggshells.  I saved shells all winter, and they make convenient little pots.  So far I have a butternut squash striving and some butterfly bushes I'm planning on putting in our "Fairy garden."  I'm hoping for some peppers popping up, I'll keep hoping as they haven't yet. 
New this year are 3 blueberry bushes.  I can't remember the varieties.  One is early blooming, one is mid blooming and one is late blooming.  Hopefully we'll have berries because with the crazy spring weather the news is saying all produce will be cut way back this year. 




I still need to figure out how I'm going to irrigate all the beds.  I got a new waterfall sprinkler, it should be pretty useful.  Next week I hope to add the potatoes (a whole box of them!) and get the straw for the mulch walkways.  That will look sooooo nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment