Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

Everything in the garden is prepped and ready to go.  I've got the broccoli plants transplanted and my one Butternut Squash plant who sprouted transplanted.  The girls helped me make nice straight rows of the yukon gold potatoes, and there are even some sprouting in last year's bed!  The lettuce and spinach have yet to sprout, and the peas are growing nicely.
Thursday I ordered some irrigation supplies from Amazon, and I hope they get here before the heat next week.  The plan for Mother's day is to finish planting the seeds, especially beans and peppers, and relax a little bit.  This year I am making demands on Mother's Day.  I am the best mother in this house, therefore I should be able to get what I want on my special day.  I know I won't be receiving presents, but the only gift I want is spending time with my family and being able to do what I want.  Which includes going to lunch and running errands with my Mother-in-Law.  I guess she's important too.  I can't believe it's been four years since my Father-in-law died, I know we will all be thinking of him tomorrow too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment