Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Expanding Gardens and Boxes

Today I put the fence up in the garden, and realized I don't have enough due to the expansions for the blueberry bushes.  Bummer.  I'm debating whether to get another 100' $20 fence, or figure out a filler.   Hopefully it's around enough to deter critters for awhile.  Speaking of Critters, I haven't seen or heard a chipmunk all spring.  I hope I don't Jinx it.

I also expanded the Brooder, because they spilled their whole jug of water so I had to remove the entire floor of the box and replace it.  They are now in a square, they don't really seem to notice.  I also changed to the red light, since it's warmer and they are a week old now, hopefully it will stop them pecking at each other.   Really the only one who is doing the pecking is Waffles.  That chick will not stop pecking at everyone's wings.  I don't know what's up. 

They are sleeping now, because they are so tired from being outside all day.  I set up a triangle cardboard box which they seemed very happy in, I can't wait to get them outside all the time!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment