Sunday, May 12, 2013

New Fence Posts

We added some fence posts tonight to expand the fence to include the Blueberry Bushes, hopefully we will be able to eat a couple this year!   The peas and lettuce, spinach and carrots are growing too.  It is supposed to freeze tonight, I'm not too excited about that.  Hoping my "cold hardy" plants live up to their name.  The dirt is saturated from the two days of rain, so that should help protect them too. 



The potatoes are going crazy, I am going to have an early crop.  I have some sprouting for second planting in the pantry, I'm hoping to continuously plant throughout the summer. 

In sad news, we lost "Spicy" last night.  She was laying stiff and dead in the box this morning.  I have no idea why, she wasn't acting sick or weak or anything, always the aggressive one.  Hopefully I can get 3 more next week to replace the 2 I lost.  And get it back to an even number.  I guess 7 was not lucky :(

No comments:

Post a Comment