Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Work.

The chicks are improving, Waffles is mostly back to normal, and Orange is slowly improving from her cold.  My Sister gave me some eye cream for Orange's swollen, crusty eyes and it seems to be working really well!  I have been mixing Corn Grits, vitamins, and Apple Cider Vinegar for their treats every night and they scarf it down!  I'm not sure if it's doing anything, but it makes me feel better thinking they are getting them down. 
The last couple of years we have tackled some big projects and this year we chopped down some trees to make room for my Chicken Castle! 


 We also made roosting poles!  So many branches were cut down. 
I hilled my potatoes so they have just the tops sticking out, and transplanted the squash from indoors to the garden.  I also finished planting all my seeds.  Now we just wait. 
 Of course, the Chickens got to play too:  Here you can see Orange's crusty eye and Waffles back to her old self. 
I like this picture because they are in such a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment