Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pickin'

Today we went Blueberry picking. We went to the Gold Barn, because I can't remember ever going anywhere else, therefore, they have the best blueberries. Unfortunately, we could only pick for about 20 minutes before it started storming. We picked "Collins" variety berries, and altogether our family of 3 picked 6 pounds, with 3.6 of it coming from me! Apparently toddlers don't really understand the concept of keeping any berries in your bucket, because she was constantly cramming her face with them. YUM!
To celebrate blueberry day, we made pancakes for supper, and bulked up on diaper rash cream. Someone ate A LOT of berries. I had to buy 10 pounds for freezing, and I plan on buying 10 more in the coming week. I also want to make a pie.
I was surprised at how many berries were on one bush, it can't be that hard to grow them, and I know the climate around here is made for it! Even if I just had two mature bushes, I feel like it would be beneficial. Something to look in to!

No comments:

Post a Comment