Thursday, August 25, 2011

Butternut Squash is so cute!








There's this squash in my garden and I want to pick it up and cradle it like a baby. I just think it's the cutest thing. I have found myself stroking its smooth skin and smiling at it fondly. Maybe I have baby fever? Except that I'm excited to eat this baby squash. I only have one on a huge vine overtaking the entire half of the garden, so it better be worth it. Here are two pictures, taken a week apart. It shows you how much it has grown. In the picture of my nasturtiums you can see its cute little butt poking out. I also included an updated picture of the garden, in which I removed my pea climber, and have given my pole beans over to the beetles. I figure if they like them they can have them. No one else does. My sunflower is so tall, it towers above everything and it would probably reach the roof if it was by the house. I love it. I can't believe this summer went so fast, school will be starting in 12 days and the garden is heading into its last leg.



No comments:

Post a Comment