Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Placing of the Coop

The Chicken castle is finally here, and it was very hard work to get it in place!  I'm glad I decided to put it next to the garden, it makes it look Farm-y and the chickens will have plenty of room to roam.  We angled the castle so the big window faces the East, and the chickens can see the rising sun.  It seems to get a lot of morning sun, and afternoon shade so that will be good for the chicks too! 

 I'm so lucky to have good friends and neighbors to help me with the hard work.  Hippies are very good at moving/building chicken coops :)  We still need to level it and add the fence and plank. 
 Nugget and Dumpling checking out their new house.  They seem pretty excited.  In better news, all the chickens seem to be thriving.  Waffles is back to her pecky self, Orange's eyes are fine, and even though there's a few sneezes here and there, they seem to all be healthy!  The vitamins are working!  I stopped giving them antibiotic after 10 days, but there's plenty left if I need to start again. 
One last shot.  Look at my potatoes!  They're out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment