Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nesting Box curtains

I finished the nesting box curtains this weekend.  The chicks are 14 weeks old, so I'm not expecting eggs until next month, but I want them to get used to it.  I put fake eggs into each of the boxes.  I had two toy food white eggs and one brown potato that was the exact same size and shape.  It just has eyes and wrinkles.  I hope the chickens don't start laying potatoes because I have enough of those from the garden.  The sign was painted by the girls and the neighbor and I.  The fabric size was a perfect fit in front of the boxes.  I took left over fabric samples from upholstery companies and stapled them up, and they are easily changed for free. 



The chickens are getting prettier and bigger.  The Barred Rocks are showing much more white now and the Isa Brown feathers are a pretty red color.  No flare ups of swollen eyes, but the Isa Brown's combs and wattles are turning redder than the Barred Rocks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment