Thursday, June 9, 2011

Garden's Growing!

I finally got some pictures of the garden in its sprouted state. These were taken 4 days ago, and because of the heat and rain, the crops (especially the potatoes!) have filled in quite a bit more since then. The peas are training nicely up the triangular wires, but the beans under the tepee have yet to start winding. I'm still waiting to plant more beans, and still battling ants.









You can see in the pictures I have sprinkled cornstarch to combat the ants, but it has done nothing but make my garden look like a baby's butt. Hopefully the rain forcasted will wash it away. I read that Nutra-Sweet, or Equal will kill them, because it's essentially poison for ants. It makes me glad I don't use un-natural sweetners myself, if they can kill ants, what can they do to my family? I swiped some packets from the hotel we stayed in, and will start treating this weekend when it's supposed to stay dry.



I'm excited about my lettuce and spinach coming up, I bought myself a salad spinner at IKEA, and can't wait to use it! In related news: I LOVE IKEA! What a great store, I'm glad there's not one within an hour radius of here, I have a feeling I would splurge everychance I got. It was a special treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment