Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sprouting Garden







Everything in the garden has sprouted, even the tomatoes and peppers!  And so far, no critter damage!  I have two squash plants that I started indoors, one is flowering already and the other is about to.  It seems like the stems and leaves on the plants are very small and yellow compared to the same plants I started from seed outside.  I wonder why that is.  I am going to plant a couple more zucchini plants tomorrow, the seeds are soaking tonight.  My transplants from Weesies are doing well, they make the garden look fuller too! 

Even the edamame is growing this year!  Maybe I'll be able to harvest some? 

Potatoes are thriving, I think I will get two harvests this season, an early and a late.


Chicken Update:  Waffles got sick again Sunday and I started the antibiotics in the water.  She has not gotten any better, progressively worse.  Gasping for breath, won't eat, and I have to force her to drink.  When I picked her up tonight she didn't struggle, and I can feel all her bones under her feathers.  I kind of hope if she's going to die, she does it soon to get it over with.  I am a terrible mother.  This is them Friday, and everyone was fine and pecking outside.  I don't know what happened. 
 Here is Nugget, my Mini-Eagle French Wheaten Marans.  She is so pretty, and the biggest one, and the definite top of the pecking order already. 


No comments:

Post a Comment