Thursday, August 22, 2013

Happiness is a pile of wet leaves.

We had a huge storm last night, very strong rains and wind.  The coop held up excellently and I feel like the sand around the run has been sufficiently watered down.  There are many piles of old leaves around our yard, and I scooped many shovelfuls into the run for the chicks to dig around in and they were so happy.   They found grubs and crickets and who knows what else.  I found they also really like tomatoes from the garden, but not so much green beans. 

They only took 3 days to figure out how to go into the coop at night, but they spend a good half hour figuring out who's roosting where on the pole.  They all seem to want to be in the middle, or under each other.  Why is that? 
6 week old Barred Rock




Every time I go in the run, the chickens decide the holes in my crocs look delicious. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment