Monday, August 12, 2013

Squashes. They're Gourd-geous.

I love growing Squashes.  I don't know why, because my family doesn't particularly love them, but I think they're beautiful growing in the garden.  I love the long vines, and the bright yellow flowers, and the tough skin developing all summer.   I really do love eating zucchini, but unfortunately I'm lacking this year.   Not to squash borer like last year, just to poor growth due to weird weather I'm thinking.   I do have two little ones starting, hopefully they can pick up and produce more through the month.   I have really just been able to harvest potatoes and cucumbers this year.  Not much else with the cool spring, the rabbits, and the mild summer. 

The baby chicks have liked digging in the empty boxes.   They are getting too big for their brooder.  As you can see, Coconut will take any chance she can get for escape.  By the end of the week they will be in their new home.  I painted all the white yesterday and the run is framed.   Won't be long now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment