Saturday, August 17, 2013

Moving In

The new chicks moved into the coop last night.  They seemed to not have any problems settling in, and were all roosting on the stick when I went to check on them. The run is so much nicer than hauling them into the garden every morning and night.  This morning I opened the pop door and they all wandered out.  Tomorrow the plan is to finish with the top panels of fence and make the ladder to head in the coop at night.  Instead of closing the nesting boxes off, I just took the dividers out and omitted the shavings from that section.  I hope when I put the dividers in and put the curtains up in the fall they will get the idea of laying eggs in there. 

I also put up my sign I got at Target.   I can put it up now because I have Hens, so it's truthful.  I asked Youngest what she thought it said when I put it up, and she said "NO ROOSTERS ALLOWED." 




No comments:

Post a Comment