Wednesday, April 16, 2014

PVC Waterer

Along with getting new chicks next week, I installed an automatic PVC chicken waterer last week before I left for a couple days on Spring Break.  I got the plans from various sites and modified them to fit my needs. I then had my boss make it for me while we were working.   I'm really happy with how it turned out, although it does leak in one spot where the pipe connects to the bucket.  I think I can fix that with a little bit of silicone but now everything's frozen again and I have to wait for the bucket to empty and it to warm up a little. 








So far the chickens understand how to drink, I don't know that they prefer it to a standard drinker, but I've had both in the run because it is still in the 20's in the morning so the nipples freeze up easily.  They seem really happy when they drink from the bucket and attack the nipples angrily, but that could just be my weird take on things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment