Monday, July 29, 2013

Runaway

This week we gave Nando to a new farm, in hopes he will fertilize many eggs and keep some hens in check.  The same day Dumpling went missing, probably found a new home to live in, where they feed her canned chicken food and give her an inside bed.   Or she's in the belly of a fox/hawk/owl/coyote/dog/cat/eagle/vulture/snake.   I'd like to believe the first one instead.  Popcorn and Nugget are all out of sorts, they don't know what to do without their friends. 


 I took the new chicks out for a little bit yesterday, to get used to the fresh air and dirt.   It's been only in the mid-60's and raining, so they didn't get as much time as I would like.   Rosemary seems to have a runny nose and is not as active as the other chicks.  I hope she didn't catch something.  It could be my imagination too,  I keep looking for things wrong with these chicks.




No comments:

Post a Comment